South Dakota Deer Hunting Guide and Outfitter
Whitetail and Mule Deer Bow Hunting (Archery) and Rifle Hunting
Archery trophy for 4-time NY client Paul.
Jim River Guide Service ... THE best mule deer and whitetail deer hunting in South Dakota.
I hunt whitetail deer and mule deer on 70,000 acres of private land spread out over 300 miles in 5 distinctly different locations in the James River Valley area of South Dakota. Here's why:
1. To hunt the highest density of deer regardless of year-to-year game fluctuations.
2. So my hunters can take the great animals from a given area, leaving the mediocre animals to mature and become huge for next season.
3. To avoid bad weather.
4. To provide the best outdoor experience to those who invest money and time, and travel half-way across the country to have a great time hunting the South Dakota prairies.
5. To ensure great success for EACH/ALL of my hunters.
6. To offer QUALITY LATE SEASON dates for hunters who have other fall hunting plans.
* Hunt the rut.
* I am an avid bow hunter and know how to get you close for a good shot. I also offer great hunts for the rifle or pistol shooter.
* I cater to small groups of less than 4 hunters. If there are 2 or more in your group, I can guarantee that you will be the only hunters in my camp.
* I personally guide you.
* I have had the honor of having Mike Fifer (CEO of Ruger Firearms), members of the NYPD, a Mayor of Tijuana, and several hunters from the FBI, CIA and The Pentagon, a group of Chicago firefighters, a Top Gun Pilot Winner, and a lot of "regular Joe's" as clients in the past. I am proud of my hunting guide operation.
WHEN RESEARCHING A HUNT, YOU SHOULD ASK TO SPEAK TO ALL OF THE CLIENTS WHO HUNTED THE SAME TIME YOU ARE CONSIDERING HUNTING THE PREVIOUS YEAR. IT IS FOOLISH TO CONSIDER BOOKING A HUNT WITH AN OUTFITTER BEFORE YOU SPEAK WITH HUNTERS WHO HAVE HUNTED THE SAME TIME AND PLACE DURING THE PREVIOUS SEASON. IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW AHEAD OF TIME WHAT YOU ARE GETTING FOR YOUR MONEY. I AM PROUD OF THE ATTENTION I GIVE MY CLIENTS BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER THE HUNT. MOST IMPORTANTLY, DON’T CONSIDER BOOKING A HUNT WITH ANYONE THAT IS NOT WILLING TO GIVE YOU THE NAMES AND NUMBERS AND/OR EMAIL ADDRESSES OF “ALL” OF THE CLIENTS FROM THE PREVIOUS SEASON.
This buck is traveling by my treestands on one
of the pieces of property that I lease
(in one of 5 units in the state) nearly every day.
If you want a chance at a great buck, contact me.
31" Mule deer
Archery Deer Hunt Pricing
Rifle Deer Hunt Pricing
A 50% non-refundable deposit will reserve your hunt.
Please call or e-mail me with any questions or to get a list of ALL my clients from last year.Jim River Guide Service
432 Railway Avenue
Mellette, SD 57461